Pulling my hair out - Adding sub collections?

Schimke
Shopify Partner
23 0 4

So...I started this web page about a year ago and had some momentum, but had to take time away. Now that I'm back on it, I can't remember how I did some of the things I did. 

If you look at the home page and scroll down, you will see "Suspension", "Drivetrain", "Bushings" and so on. If you click on "Suspension", you will see that there are sub-categories of parts. I need to do this same thing for the "drivetrain", etc. but I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out how I did that. If anyone can help me out here, I would really appreciate it. 

https://573y9yutz739syhp-41733095587.shopifypreview.com

Replies 4 (4)

Jason
Shopify Expert
11187 225 2281

Hard to say without seeing the code in the Theme. 

The ways I see this done include:

• manually, or using a page editing app to build the layout
  • Setting the sub collections in a metafield. Theme code grabs the collections listed in the metafields and shows them
  • Collection handle matching. So using a known handle/name format so. Code loops over all collections it can and tries to find a match.

If you’re open to sharing some code snippets we might be able to help narrow it down to spark that memory.

★ I jump on these forums in my free time to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work. http://freakdesign.com.au ★
Schimke
Shopify Partner
23 0 4

Thanks for the input. I'd be happy to share any code or anything else. However, I'm not an expert so I will need a little guidance to know what part of the code you are looking for. Is it best to take a screen shot of the code when sharing?

bloomhairtransp
Visitor
1 0 0

Bloom Hair Transplant is a stem cell rich therapy for hair loss. Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) has been used in the field of hair restoration for many years and its success rate has been well documented around the world. It is a very simple, non-surgical procedure that involves extracting your own blood (as little as 10cc) and concentrate it with the help of an automated centrifuge machine. From here, we then inject this concentrated platelet--rich plasma into areas where you are suffering from hair loss. For more information visit us - https://www.bloomhairtransplant.com/

harleyshairtran
Visitor
1 0 0

A hair transplant is a surgical procedure designed to encourage long-lasting hair growth in areas of the scalp that are not able to do so. It is a permanent remedy for thinning hair or balding, providing one with a fuller head of hair with fewer bald areas. With a hair transplant, one can get their bald patches filled naturally and improve appearance. With Best Hair Transplant in Mumbai performed by surgeon Dr. Sumit Agrawal at Harleys Hair Transplant Clinic, can help one eventually, anyone with low hair density or baldness can feel more confident about themselves. After having a hair transplant done, the new hair looks exactly the same as the natural existing hair and does not require special care or maintenance. To get the benefits book a visit today!