Solved

Redirect to suspicious site while on Shopify admin

DavidT
Shopify Partner
23 1 6

I was on the Shopify admin page, on a different tab, and when I switched back it redirected me to the following url:

* Removed URL for security purposes

This NOT my store I have no idea what it is as it won't let me load it.

This seems suspicious, and I don't think it's on my end. I don't know if it's possible it's from an app I have or not. It's happened twice now in the last two weeks, so I thought you should be aware.

QuickEdit - Bulk Product Edit - Quick and easy bulk editor for products and variants.
SafeShip - Address Validator - International address validation and PO box blocking at checkout for Shopify Plus merchants.
Accepted Solution (1)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

This is an accepted solution.

@DavidT 

A strange occurrence indeed! I'm not sure what could have caused that to happen and this is something we'd want to look into further by escalating this to our Technical Support. 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

This is an accepted solution.

@DavidT 

A strange occurrence indeed! I'm not sure what could have caused that to happen and this is something we'd want to look into further by escalating this to our Technical Support. 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

DavidT
Shopify Partner
23 1 6

I'm thinking it was one of the apps I had installed. It doesn't do it anymore, and I've tried many different apps so I don't really know which one could've been causing it.

QuickEdit - Bulk Product Edit - Quick and easy bulk editor for products and variants.
SafeShip - Address Validator - International address validation and PO box blocking at checkout for Shopify Plus merchants.
Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@DavidT 

Thank you for letting me know & happy to hear it's not occurring anymore. If it does come up again, please let our Support know so they can investigate it further.