Solved

Can I unlink an eBay account from a closed Shopify store?

MyMsOasis
Visitor
2 1 2

I had an old shopify store that was a test store.  It was bound to an Ebay account but that store is closed.  I now have my actual store and I am unable to make sells on ebay because my account still shows its bound to my old store.  Please is anyone able to assist me with this?

Accepted Solutions (2)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @MyMsOasis,

Can I ask if you had a paid plan with the test store which the Ebay account is associated with? If so, it might require logging back into that store. The support team will need to take a closer look into this for you to see what the best next steps to take are. It's not possible to look into account specifics via the Community for security and privacy reasons and because of that, contacting an advisor is the best next step here. 

You can contact someone to help you with this by logging in here. I would definitley recommend to have the log in details and URL for the closed store ready so the advisor can have everything they need to help you straight away! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

MyMsOasis
Visitor
2 1 2

The solution reached out to Shopify support.  Worked with Len, a wonderful person might I add.  They were able to point me in the right direction, worked with eBay support via email at eBay support.  Explained the situation and the problem was solved in 15 minutes.

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 462

Consider sending an email to Shopify's eBay app devs, they should be able to help out.

https://connectebay.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @MyMsOasis,

Can I ask if you had a paid plan with the test store which the Ebay account is associated with? If so, it might require logging back into that store. The support team will need to take a closer look into this for you to see what the best next steps to take are. It's not possible to look into account specifics via the Community for security and privacy reasons and because of that, contacting an advisor is the best next step here. 

You can contact someone to help you with this by logging in here. I would definitley recommend to have the log in details and URL for the closed store ready so the advisor can have everything they need to help you straight away! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

MyMsOasis
Visitor
2 1 2

The solution reached out to Shopify support.  Worked with Len, a wonderful person might I add.  They were able to point me in the right direction, worked with eBay support via email at eBay support.  Explained the situation and the problem was solved in 15 minutes.