SSL still pending after 2 weeks

Solved
Denny101
3 0 0

Hello dear sellers,

I am new to Shopify and have built my store. It is almost finished, but at the moment, I still have the problem that it says "SSL pending". A guide said that it might need up to 48 hours, but since I have connected my domain, 2 weeks are already over. The shop has a password at the moment and I'm using the Standardplan. A new domain has already been saved and is successfully connected to the store. Any ideas why SSL is still pending?

Thank you very much,

Best regards,

Dennis

Replies 68 (68)
Helen
Shopify Staff
1429 174 243

Hi, @herbacidal

You are correct! The green 'connected' tab next to your custom domain in ‘Online Store > Domains’  means that your domain is successfully connected and the SSL is provisioned. 

If the domain were to have a connection or SSL issue, the green 'connected' tab will be replaced with another colored indicator identifying the issue. For example:

20-03-o5ne8-7t8m3

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Pieterj2
2 0 0

Dear,

I currently have the same problem, it is on pending for a while now with no succes, i did it a few times over to check if there was anything wrong but couldnt find it.

Helen
Shopify Staff
1429 174 243

Hi, @Pieterj2

I’m here to help! Did you purchase your domain from Shopify, or is it a third party domain?

If your domain is a third party domain, the SSL pending is more often than not due to the DNS settings. Therefore, as a next step,  I recommend contacting your host directly to have them double check your DNS settings are correct. Ask them to pay attention to these domain configurations in particular that commonly affect the SSL.

Once you’ve made any adjustments, please return to ‘Online Store > Domains’ in your Shopify admin and click on ‘retry connection’ next to your domain. The domain should now fully connect and propagate within 48 hours. 

Let me know if this works! Otherwise I’m happy to continue to troubleshoot it together.

Likana
3 0 0
Hi Helen, I have had the same problem for two weeks now as well and I am writing to the community and directly to your colleagues here and am just ignored. To write a direct message I allegedly have to update the browser (which is updated in fact) and immediately after I do it again it still needs to be updated, and this on all devices. So a bit desperate so far how to get hold of someone in shopify.

So, the prob is just the same. SSL pending, I checked A record and IP. I also checked that there are no AAA records and all according to your instructions in this post. But nothing helps. Could you give me a hand please?
melissa-viking
1 0 0

Having the same problem. www.vikingspeedloaders.com domain is Go Daddy. I've manually changed the DNS settings on GoDaddy to the ones suggested for this topic. The certificate still shows "pending". Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 11.39.50 AM.png

Natasja123
1 0 0
Hi there!

I am having the same ssl problem. It is still
Pending. I moved my domain to Shopify, and I have reached out to my old webprovider. They told me that my domein has moved to Shopify so they can’t do anything for me. They told me to contact you.

Can you help me , why is it still pending?

Kind regards ,
TCIconicBeauty
1 0 0

Hey, Helen, I'm having the same issue with mines and I don't understand the first domain I bought didn't show that staus but then I realized I brought the wrong domain so I brought the right one and now the correct domain is giving me SSL but it's connected.

Helen
Shopify Staff
1429 174 243

Hello, Community members! 

Thanks for taking the time to reach out on this thread to troubleshoot why your SSL certificate is still pending. As I’ve mentioned before, it can take up to 48 hours for a domain to propagate and the SSL certificate to provision, so please be sure you have given it the full 2 days to fully connect. 

@Likana - I’m sorry to hear you have had trouble getting in touch with support. For future reference, we also have live 24/7 support via phone or chat available here. So feel free to reach out there any time as well. What's your domain name? 

@melissa-viking - thank you for providing your domain name. From my end, it looks like your certificate has now provisioned (see below). Are you seeing the same?

20-05-mevzj-gt5c0

@Natasja123  - What’s your domain name? How long ago did you initiate the transfer of your domain over to Shopify? Please keep in mind it can take up to 10 days for a successful domain transfer to complete.

@TCIconicBeauty - What’s your domain name? How long ago did you purchase it?

lazybare
1 0 0

Hello! I am having the same issues all of sudden. Everything was working just fine and then today I noticed when I try to preview my site it says 'page unable to find.' lazybare.com - it also still shows SSL Pending and it's been a few weeks. Thank you!

minadecorutopia
1 0 0

Hi Helen, 

Having the same issues on my end, my domain is with Crazy Domains - i have contacted them and the representative noted that everything is fine on their end and to contact Shopify.

i've been researching and trying everything for days now, but the SSL Certificate still says pending.

I have several A type records however not sure which i can delete or not, bit new to all of this unfortunatley 

really hoping you might be able to help!

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG