Solved

Why is there a large discrepancy between Shopify and Google analytics?

kevinpj95
Tourist
5 0 1

How exactly shopify analytic track the traffic and session??

i wist to know this because there is a huge different between shopify traffic and google analytic, please help me.

the different is very significant around 50% difference

Accepted Solution (1)
Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 462

This is an accepted solution.

There were instances of websites where traffic count discrepancy was about 50% between GA and Shopify Analytics. In other cases, the traffic was artificially inflated. Got to research well into analytics to figure out what traffic is being omitted.

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 462

The reasons for analytics discrepancies have been addressed in this topic:
https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/reports-and-analytics/discrepancies

- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).
kevinpj95
Tourist
5 0 1

in my case, google analytics shows around 6,000 visitors a day while shopify only shows around 2,000.

is it common for it to be so different??

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 462

This is an accepted solution.

There were instances of websites where traffic count discrepancy was about 50% between GA and Shopify Analytics. In other cases, the traffic was artificially inflated. Got to research well into analytics to figure out what traffic is being omitted.