Transferring Of Codes

Solved
starwarsnaimad
5 0 0

Recently switched themes, and certain code installations did not transfer. Sounds like a pretty obvious question but do I need to transfer my codes such as my domain verification and if I do need to transfer them do I have to take the codes off my old themes or does it not matter? Thank you!

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1449 96 198

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there @starwarsnaimad!

Don here from Shopify.

Thanks for sharing your query with us here in the Community.

If you're working with a new theme entirely any customisation that had been made in a previous theme would not be automatically added to the code of this new theme and you'd need to reproduce it there yourself.

Depending on the third-party services you've integrated in that way, you would likely need to copy edits like this into the equivalent files in your new theme.

The specific services you're working with through those integrations (domain providers, external analytics services, apps) will be able to confirm 100% for you what you need to do but in my experience, you should largely be able to use your existing code from the old theme for the same services.

Do you still have access to your original theme in order to be able to port those code changes over?

If you're at all unsure when updating the new theme, it's always a good idea to duplicate your theme so you have a safe copy to fall back on.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help out with from here!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog