Is verifying your domain for Facebook on Shopify challenging?

Swaggy
Visitor
1 0 2

I'm haivng trouble finding any help articles specifically focused on how to verify my domain, for facebook, by using either DNS verification or HTML File Upload. Thanks in advance for the help. 

Replies 90 (90)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hi, @Swaggy!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

To verify your domain with Facebook, you'll just need to select the DNS Verification method, rather than the HTML File Upload. Facebook has a help doc that walks you through the domain verification process here. This help doc also includes a video, which should make it easier to follow along. 

Where did you purchase your domain? 

If you purchased your domain from Shopify, then this can be done directly within your Shopify admin, in Online store > Domains > DNS Settings. We also have a help doc on how to edit your Shopify domain's DNS settings that you can refer to as well. If your domain is purchased through a third-party provider, however, then you will need to edit the DNS settings through your provider's website. 

Have you verified your domain with Google yet? We actually have a help doc on how to verify your domain with third-party services that I recommend checking out. Once your site is verified with Google, you will be able to submit a sitemap, which helps your store appear in search engine results.

I hope this helps! Let me know how it goes.

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Patrick_Amadeu
Tourist
3 0 7

Hi Julie

So, here is the issue:

I have a Shopify shop with the domain MYSHOPNAME.myshopify.com. Now I have connected Facebook, my page and also Instagram. This all seems to be working.

My Instagram business account requires me to verify the domain MYSHOPNAME.myshopify.com. But when I navigate to Online Store -> Domain then I can see my domain, but NO DNS setting or whatsoever. I do not have any idea how to proceed. Can you please help me out here?

Thank you,

patrick

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hi, @Patrick_Amadeu!

Where are you seeing the prompt to verify your domain with Instagram? This isn't a required step to use the Instagram sales channel, so this shouldn't be necessary. However, I'm curious to know where you're seeing the prompt and which methods are available to you. 

As for managing your current domain, it looks like you're still using a myshopify.com URL as opposed to a custom .com domain. Typically, myshopify.com URLs are only used for login and authentication purposes, and merchants often choose to purchase a custom domain instead. This will remove the "myshopify.com" part, making your domain look much more professional. Because the myshopify.com URL serves as a unique identifier for your store, I'm afraid the DNS settings on these particular domains cannot be edited. 

With custom domains, on the other hand, you'll have full access to the DNS settings. Are you planning on purchasing a custom domain?

cibolocreative
Tourist
7 0 9

Hi, Julie. I am having the same problem as Patrick mentioned above. When clicking on Settings -> Business -> Set Up Instagram Shopping in the Instagram App, I receive a message that I must first verify my default shopify domain/url. Although, I don't understand why it's prompting for that domain/url to be verified when I'm using my custom domain as primary.

Anyway, the verification process is to add a txt record to the dns settings, but as you have mentioned before, there is no way to edit the dns settings for a default shopify domain/url. What should I do? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Shawna

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hi, @cibolocreative

Do you have a screenshot of the domain verification message you're seeing? When it comes to verifying domains, the primary domain is always the domain you'll want to verify. If you aren't seeing the option to access your DNS settings in Shopify, then it sounds like you are using a third-party domain.

In this case, you'll just need to access your DNS settings by logging into your account with your domain provider. Depending on your domain provider, the process for accessing your DNS settings may differ, so it would be best to check in with the provider directly should you need any help adding a TXT record.

I should also note that you'll also need to make sure that this is the same domain that you have associated with your Instagram business account. Facebook also has some information here on how to verify your domain; this should help guide you in the right direction. 

If your domain has already been verified and you're still seeing the error message, then you should see an option to Submit an appeal to Facebook directly in the Facebook sales channel. Have you done so yet?

Joanna11
Excursionist
11 0 4

Hello. I am having the same troubles as all..... but in this moment I do not want to change my domein for different becouse  months  ago I decided to stay with .myshopify.com . and now all the promotons goes with that link. 

Why I can not verify DNA or why you can not do that for us? It would be so helpfull! 

Looking forward to find possibilites !

Ewa

RishabhSawant
Visitor
1 0 4

Hi @Julie 

Hope you had a beautiful weekend!

I thought that with the recent development with Facebook Shops, Shopify and Facebook will be much more integrated. But that's not the case.

To be able to sell on Facebook channels, we need to verify the primary domain even if we have purchased a custom domain through Shopify. The following is a screenshot of the email I received from a Facebook rep. 

Screenshot 2020-09-20 at 4.58.02 PM.png

I want to get my domain verified in Business manager so that I can sell through Instagram. I also get the same message when I try to set up Instagram shopping through the mobile app:

IMG_8432.jpg

And the same message when I access commerce manager in Facebook business manager:

Screenshot 2020-09-20 at 5.07.43 PM.png

In summary, we need to verify myshopify.shopname.com to be able to use Facebook sales channels. 

Let me know if you require further info. Please help. Thank you!

Best,

Rishabh Sawant 

Cbk2020
Tourist
3 0 1

This is my exact issue!!!!!!

Cbk2020
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi there!! Hope you're doing well & having a good Tuesday.

I am writing this because I am having the same issue - just got my instagram shopping verified but because I have my own domain I used (calligraphybykitchen.com) it said "these products arent under the domain used for this profile" AKA talking about my .myshopify.com domain! So I had to manually override my actual URLs with calligraphybykitchen.com/products.... with the my shopify version & it worked BUT it will be overridden if I ever update any of those products on my shopify while still using my domain that I own... 

This is a large issue for me. I already paid for this domain & plan to continue to use it - how can I fix this issue?

The main problem is that facebook/instagram are pulling this myshopify URL instead of my custom domain that is registered with shopify. Is this because I didn't purchase it through shopify? if so, its a bug for the application. I would think that shopify would send any registered custom domain as the "primary domain" for instagram/facebook shopping. Let me know! 

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Thanks for the followup, @cibolocreative

Can you please confirm which catalog you're using? You can find out in your Instagram app, by heading to the Shopping section of your Business settings. Also, do you have a screenshot of the error message? In this case, it sounds like you may be using the wrong product catalog so it would be a good idea to confirm which catalogs you have access to and which one is currently selected. If you're using the correct catalog, then submitting the appeal to Facebook should resolve this issue. 

To answer your question, @Cbk2020, it sounds like you've already verified your domain with Instagram, is that correct? If so, then you'll next need to go through Facebook's appeal process and select that you have changed your domain. This will let Facebook and Instagram know that you are using a custom domain and should resolve the issue! Keep in mind that it may not be immediate, as Facebook will need to review your submission.

For everyone else in the Community Forums who is experiencing this issue, the appeals process is definitely the next step you'll need to take if you have already verified your domain with Instagram. If you are unable to verify your domain due to the fact that you are not using a custom domain, then you can verify your myshopify.com URL by following the meta tag method. We also have instructions on this process here

Feel free to keep me posted on how that goes.

Cbk2020
Tourist
3 0 1
I think you misunderstood my issue. The timeline went like this:

1. I purchased a domain through a third party (not Shopify) &. Built a
website
2. After time, I ended up deciding to open a Shopify store instead of the
other website
3. I registered my domain with Shopify & had all of my
calligraphybykitchen.com traffic point to my Shopify site.
4. I integrated with Facebook successfully & Facebook shopping worked
perfectly (I used the business manager & it pointed each listed product to
my calligraphybykitchen.com)
5. Then, I verified my domain calligraphybykitchen.con under brand safety
in the business manager
**this is where I was stuck for a few weeks not understanding the issue...
bc it kept saying to verify my Shopify.com one but that wasn’t the primary
custom domain!
6. After looking in this forum I added the my Shopify . Com one to the
brand safety verified domains with the meta tag thing & it worked to get me
Instagram shopping
7. Then, I went to add products & they all appeared as grey saying they
weren’t pointing to the right domain verified (at the time they were
pointing to my custom calligraphybykitchen.com domain - which was one of
the domains verified under brand safety Facebook BM - but it wanted me to
redirect all of the listings on Facebook to point to my Shopify . Com one
bc that’s for some reason what Instagram is using).

I think there is an issue with integration between Shopify & Instagram.
Based on this forum it seems like:
• when a user doesn’t use a custom domain they’re fine following meta tag
verification
• when A user buys their domain through Shopify they are fine bc Shopify
auto-sends the custom domain info so that’s what the users need to verify
• when a user already owns their own custom domain & they move over to
Shopify & register it - for some reason Instagram defaults to my Shopify .
Com instead of the registered custom domain...

Does that make sense? Let me know if I’m missing something! I just do not
understand why it Shopify is already using my custom domain & it’s been
registered why Instagram would default the domain needing verification to
my Shopify.com version instead of the primary custom domain. This is an
issue bc now I had to go in & manually edit every product listing to be the
my Shopify link instead of my custom domain link so that I could claim them
as My products on Instagram.
Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hey, @Cbk2020

Thank you so much for your detailed response; this is quite helpful and I'm sure other merchants in the Shopify Community will find these steps to be helpful as well. 

Now that you've verified both domains, it sounds like you will need to go through Facebook's appeal process and select that you have changed your domain. This should force an update on Instagram's end so that your products are correctly linked. Have you done this yet? 

epilogio
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey Julie Thanks for all your help. I have a situation where I got approved for Facebook and IG shop using the shop.myshopify.com domain. But I want to change the domain to a SUB domain of my bands website. For example My bands website is band.com. I created a subdomain that is shop.band.com however I have not gone through with the Facebook appeal process to change the domain from band.myshopify.com to shop.band.com because technically this subdomain hasn't been verified by Facebook. No matter what method I try I cannot seem to verify my subdomain shop.band.com , I could only verify the main website domain band.com. During this appeal process it sates that I may loose access to IG shop and that may never be reverted. So before I go through this appeal process, wat can I do to make sure Facebook verifies my subdomain! Please help I know this is a bit confusing. Appreciate it. 

cibolocreative
Tourist
7 0 9

Hi, Julie. The attached screen shot is what I see when I check to see which catalog we're connected to. We only have one, but do you have any idea why it's showing up three different ways? I can't uncheck any of the radio buttons.

Thanks,

ShawnaScreenshot_Instagram.jpg

cibolocreative
Tourist
7 0 9
I see this when we go to Settings -->Business --> Set Up Instagram Shopping (through the IG app). How do we get IG to recognize that we've already verified adashofcasual.com with Facebook?
cibolocreative
Tourist
7 0 9

Hi, Julie. I have verified the primary domain adashofcasual.com with Facebook. On Facebook, it shows both the FB and IG shops as active. But when I go to IG and click settings --> business --> set up instagram shopping, I get an error message that I must verify a-dash-of-casual.myshopify.com, which doesn't make any sense and is also impossible. I've already submitted an appeal as well. How do we get IG to recognize that adashofcasual.com has already been verified through Facebook?

thumbnail_Screenshot_20200918-221954_Instagram.jpg

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hey, everyone! I appreciate all the newcomers hopping into the conversation. To keep things simple, I'll be replying to each of your questions here in a single response: 

@Joanna11 & @TWallace: Unfortunately, the DNS settings for myshopify.com domains cannot be edited. This is because myshopify.com URLs are primarily used for login and account authentication purposes when you contact support. It's highly recommended that merchants purchase a custom domain for their business. Not only will a custom domain result in a shorter link, but it can definitely add credibility to your business and strengthen your brand image. Domains are quite affordable and you can purchase one here

However, you can instead use Facebook's meta tag verification method, which requires you to add a code snippet from Facebook into your theme.liquid file. We have a help doc on how to verify your domain using this method here. 

@RishabhSawant: Thank you for sharing the screenshot. I see in the screenshot that the domain you are trying to verify is "myshopify.railanoraks.com". However, myshopify.com URLs should end in "myshopify.com", with your store name preceding it. 

I also accessed "www.railanoraks.com" here on my end and I am not seeing a "www" in the address bar when I arrive on your site. This tells me that your primary domain is likely "railanoraks.com". So, in your case, you'll just need to edit the DNS settings for "railanoraks.com" if you are using the TXT method. If you are still receiving an error, then you can attempt to use the meta tag method mentioned above for the myshopify.com URL, by following these steps

@cibolocreative: Thanks for confirming that you've already submitted an appeal. When you submitted the appeal, did you do so through the Facebook sales channel, in the same spot where you were promoted to verify your domain for Instagram? While this should prompt Facebook to review your domain again, this process may take some time. As a workaround, I would recommend trying the meta tag method mentioned above by following these steps

I hope this helps guide everyone in the right direction. If you are still receiving issues after trying the meta tag option, then it's recommended that you Submit an appeal via the prompt in the Facebook sales channel. Please keep me posted! 

cibolocreative
Tourist
7 0 9

Hi, Julie. Thanks for the response. There is definitely some sort of glitch between FB/IG and Shopify. I'm not even sure how IG pulled the Shopify domain (rather than the custom) for the business account in the first place. I've added the Shopify domain to the list of domains in Facebook Business Manager and verified with the meta tag, like you suggested. That worked, but when I try to tag a product on IG, they are gray and it says I can't select them because they're on a different domain. I also can't get a "Visit Shop" button to show up on IG. The only work around I've found so far is to edit each product's URL in the Facebook Commerce Manager so that it begins with the Shopify domain rather than the custom domain. This seems like it will work in the short-term, but when a product update is pushed to Facebook, they'll likely revert and break the IG shop. Do you know if Shopify developers are working with Facebook to try and sort this issue out? Thanks again for your help!

Joanna11
Excursionist
11 0 4

Dear Julie,

Thank you so much for your answer. I verified my FB account by meta -tag as you addcive . Everything works good!Thank you for giveing me this solution. I really appriciate that Shopify is always open for help and answer so quick and always helpful! 

cibolocreative
Tourist
7 0 9

I found a fix!

1) Disconnect Instagram from Facebook
2) Set the primary website domain to the shopify domain/url
3) Disconnect the Data Source for the Facebook catalog in Commerce Manager (delete them all completely)
4) Install the Flexify app on Shopify (and edit the settings to suit your needs)
5) Go back do Data Source in the Facebook Commerce Manager and click "Add Products"
6) Click "Use Bulk Upload" then click "Next"
7) Click "Scheduled Feed" then "Next"
😎 Enter the URL generated by Flexify, click "Next", then finish the setup process
9) Set your primary domain back to your custom domain
10) Reconnect your Instagram to Facebook
11) Choose the new catalog as the product source in Business -> Shopping on IG
12) Click the "View Shop" button on the IG profile and click the "Add" button next to each product so that they show up for others when they click "View Shop"

I ran a manual sync after setting this all up to see if the switch back to the custom domain would affect tagging capabilities on Instagram and it didn't. Yay!

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hey, @cibolocreative!

Thanks for the update and the screenshot you shared above. To clarify, "Shopify Product Catalog" will appear if you have successfully setup the Facebook sales channel, so this appears to be normal behaviour.

I'm also glad to hear that you found a workaround and I appreciate you sharing the steps you took. While the appeal process should solve this issue, it sounds like this workaround serves as an immediate fix, and this should be helpful for other merchants like @Cbk2020 who are experiencing the same issue. 

Thanks again for the update! 

sierradazzlingc
Visitor
3 0 0

Does it matter if you have different collections, because not all my products are showing?

Angeldesign
6 0 0

Hi @Julie i did these steps but I got stuck after changing the catalogue it’s not showing up on Instagram?

are we able to arrange a call to see if we can resolve this please?

ella@angeldesign.co 

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hey, @Angeldesign!

When you say your product catalog isn't showing up on Instagram, are you seeing a message indicating that your catalog is ineligible, or is it missing entirely? Have you made sure that the catalog is associated with your Facebook Business Manager account? I came across a similar post in the Shopify Community Forums that may help guide you along; you can access that here.

However, if you would prefer to chat with our Support team directly, you can find our contact methods in our Help Center here. While we do offer callbacks, availability is dependent on current queue volumes. If a callback isn't available, then I suggest reaching out through live chat. Once you connect with our Support team, they'll be able to authenticate your account and access your admins so they can further assist. 

Thanks for reaching out! Let me know how that goes. 

jlokiara
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi Julie,

I've already verified my domain for tiarawears.com, but I have yet to verify the domain tiara-wears.myshopify.comI've followed all the steps in the meta tag verification method for the Shopify domain (see Image 1 below as proof that I've inserted the meta tag into the theme.liquid file). After I've done such, I followed the instructions on Facebook telling me to check the HTML page source of the page http://tiara.wears.myshopify.com, but the meta tag isn't visible, thus resulting into an invalid verification (see Image 2). 

Image 1

Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 1.49.55 PM.png

Image 2

Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 1.55.35 PM.png

Hoping that you could help me on this matter. Thanks in advance.

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hey, @jlokiara!

I'm glad to hear that you have already verified your custom domain. Because it's been successfully verified, you likely don't need to verify your myshopify.com URL. Are you being prompted to do so? 

If so, you'll just need to make sure that it's directly under the <head> tag, as outlined in this help doc. Based on the screenshot you shared, it looks like it may have been added elsewhere in your theme.liquid file, so I suggest double-checking to see if that's the case. 

If you are still being prompted to verify the myshopify.com URL and you are still receiving issues after trying the meta tag method, then it's recommended that you Submit an appeal via the prompt in the Facebook sales channel. This will request that Facebook and Instagram review your verification.

That being said, I'm curious to know what happens when you try pasting the code directly below the <head> tag. Feel free to respond here and let me know! 

BryanLeang
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, I was wondering, where it says to "Add @ to the Host field" what exactly am I supposed to @?

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hey, @BryanLeang!

Facebook has a help doc that walks you through the domain verification process and how to enter the correct values in your DNS settings hereThis help doc also includes a video, which should make it easier to follow along. You'll want to pay close attention at about the 1 minute mark, where you'll see that the content you need to enter for the @ host name is facebook-domain-verification=. This video should really help! 

Now, exactly how you edit your DNS settings depends on where your domain is currently managed. Where did you purchase your domain? If you purchased your domain from Shopify, then this can be done directly within your Shopify admin, in Online store > Domains and clicking on your primary domain. From there, you'll see an option for DNS Settings. We also have a help doc on how to edit your Shopify domain's DNS settings that you can refer to as well.

If your domain was purchased through a third-party provider, however, then you will need to edit the DNS settings through your provider's website. Your provider will likely have help documentation that outlines how to do so, but you may also need to reach out to them directly should you need further assistance. 

I hope this helps guide you in the right direction! 

FraserAlexander
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi @Julie ,

I am having the same issue as @jlokiara.

I was able to successfully verify my custom Domain name on Facebook using the DNS verification method with GoDaddy, but not my fraser-alexander.myshopify.com domain name using the Meta-tag verification method. The reason i need to verify the myshopify domain name is i will use the shopify online store to connect to Facebook and Instagram. 

I do not think this is a Facebook issue, hence i am not sure what i would get out of the Facebook appeal process, can this please be looked into by Shopify?

1.PNG2.PNG

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hey, @FraserAlexander!

I appreciate the screenshots. However, it looks like the first screenshot is from Google Developers Console, rather than your theme's code in Shopify. Did you enter the meta tag in your theme.liquid file, directly below the <head> tag>? If so, do you have a screenshot to share? 

Our help doc on verifying your domain with third-party services will show you exactly where this meta tag should go. While the screenshot example in this help doc is specific to Google, the steps are exactly the same when verifying your domain with Facebook using the meta tag option. 

If the meta tag has been entered in the right place, then you will need to submit an appeal. Facebook is responsible for verifying your domain and if there are any issues with them recognizing the meta tag, then the appeal will prompt them to review your verification. 

I hope this helps! 

EmanueleFluid
Visitor
1 0 0

Funziona con i meta tag, 

https://shopify.dev/tutorials/customize-theme-verify-domain-with-third-party-services?utm_campaign=g...

Non serve un dominio nuovo 👍😁

jvestri
Visitor
1 0 0

The DNS approach doesn't work when you have 3rd party domains. The domains listed are not actionable... You should just lead with this as it will get everyone in the thread around a lot of the confusion.

doctortmd
Visitor
3 0 0

I don't know if this has been answered by the rest of the feed but I figured it out myself!!!

In the business facebook admin, put the XXX.myshopify.com. copy the facebook verification tag. 

go to your shopify admin, click on online store-> Actions (on the RIGHT side of the page)-> edit code. 

will take you to another page, under LAYOUT-> click on theme.liquid

Code will pop up on the right, under the <head> tag, (line 3), copy the facebook verification tag that you copied from the facebook business page. Click, SAVE (top right).

Go back to the facebook business verification and verify! This was the LAST step for me after verifying my primary google domain. 

Then my IG automatically verified because everything else was already done. But then you have to publish the catalog through facebook. 

could have been made so much simpler if people would have just explained that the FACEBOOK VERIFICATION tag for the XXX.myshopify.com needs to be in the SHOPIFY CODE. DO NOT MESS WITH TRYING TO GO INTO DNS ON THE SHOPIFY PAGE! The people who are trying to explain this are explaining two different things!

Darleen_Witmer2
Shopify Partner
31 0 4

Why are people stating that better to use DNS method when HTML method is easier for most to setup.?

Bluebasil
Visitor
2 0 2

HI I have tried using DNS setting process to verify my business Facebook Page but it comes up with error:

DNS TXT Record Mismatch
We did not find a matching DNS TXT entry on your domain.

I have checked the TXT record and left for 72 hours - no joy. I have deleted and tried again - still no joy. Please can you advise?

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hey, @Bluebasil! Welcome to the conversation. 

Did you make sure to enter the correct TXT value by following Facebook's help doc that I previously shared in this thread? This help doc also includes a video, which should make it easier to follow along. You'll want to pay close attention at about the 1 minute mark, where you'll see that the content you need to enter for the @ host name is facebook-domain-verification=.

Please let me know if these are the steps you've completed. Keep in mind that if you purchased your domain through a third-party provider, you'll just need to edit your DNS settings directly through your provider. If you purchased your domain through Shopify, then you'll want to review our help doc on editing DNS settings.

If you're still having troubles, a screenshot of your DNS settings would really help. Otherwise, it might be worth trying to verify your domain using the meta tag method

Looking forward to your update!

Darleen_Witmer2
Shopify Partner
31 0 4
No idea why I got this.
I am not associate
md1231
Tourist
5 0 1

I'm having the same issue. 

Here is the screenshot from Facebook Commerce Manager. I tried adding the code to my theme.liquid header but it didn't work, then I tried to add the TXT record to my DNS records but I guess now I am waiting for 72 hours before I try to verify again. 

At the same time, my Facebook stopped importing my latest products and all my products are now off Google (but they were there before). Not sure what's going on.

md1231_0-1619115895620.png

GenerativeHut
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, 

I've been following the advice in this thread to get my generativehut.myshopify.com domain approved on Facebook (for getting Instagram shopping working). I've successfully added the meta tag on the liquid theme code, and can see it's there by looking at the page source code, but when I hit verify on facebook business manager I get the following error: 

Domain verification failed
Unable to verify the domain

Any idea what is happening there? 
md1231
Tourist
5 0 1

My issue was resolved, though I'm not sure which of the two things fixed it, though I think it was editing the TXT records in my DNS settings even though I had to wait a little longer.

Carlos97
Visitor
1 0 0

HI! I have the same problem on my Shopify Account. I can´t connect my instagram Shopping to my account.

Im struck by the fact that you mention that DNS authorization is not obligatory for the Instagram account and I would like to see if you could help me to carry out this process that has already been several months behind me.

PROBLEMA.PNG

Thank You! 

FraserAlexander
Visitor
3 0 0
Hi,

I tried it again after a few hours and it worked without me doing anything different, maybe it just takes some time.
Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hey, @Carlos97

Thanks for the screenshot. I just translated that error message and it looks like you haven't yet verified your domain. Is this the case, or did you end up successfully verifying it with Facebook?

If you've already verified your domain with Facebook, then you'll just need to ensure that your Facebook and Instagram accounts are connected. Have you made sure that your Facebook Page settings have the same Instagram account connected as the one you are using, and that this is the same Page connected in your Facebook Channel? You'll also want to ensure that your Instagram account is connected to the Business Manager account that you connected in the Facebook Channel.

If the right accounts are connected and you're still seeing the wrong domain connected, then you will need to submit an appeal to Facebook, by following the prompt in the error message you're seeing within your admin. 

Let me know how that goes! If you are still experiencing the same issue and haven't found success in following any of the suggestions outlined throughout this thread, then it would be super helpful if you can let me know exactly which steps you've tried so I can better assist. 

Thanks!

DeWees
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, I'm needing to verify my domain for facebook business manager - my instructions say to do this as the optimal verification method.  Is this the best way for Shopify themes?

DeWees_0-1614354463897.png

Darleen_Witmer2
Shopify Partner
31 0 4
Meta tag and add to theme.liquid.
Under
Kessie1
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey Julie.

im having a similar issue. I purchased a Shopify domain

but put in my kessie.ca custom domain from go daddy but I have no idea how to remove or get rid of the kessie-homemade-natural-products.myshopify.com 

now it’s saying for Instagram shopping “you have lost access to Instagram shopping””your website must be owned by your business. Please take steps to verify your website to keep using selling tools.

I have verified followed the domain steps txt everything and now when I go to Shopify under domains under partners on Facebook business it says “

Partners
Assign Partners
This domain is shared with other businesses. View permissions, and assign or remove partners.

I really need some help with how to proceed thanks 

Darleen_Witmer2
Shopify Partner
31 0 4
This is all pretty simple to connect all things. Yiu font get rid of the myshopify.com domain but simply make your go daddy or Shopify purchased domain your primary. At the top of domains window.
The other is all setup in Business Manager and your FB page and IG
It’s a lot to connect all but not complicated.
MorrisF
Tourist
6 0 0

Hi Jullie.

What happens when I have connected an existing domain to my Shopify? Meaning that the host is a third-party. However, Facebook still asks me to verify the "myshopify.com" domain.

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hi, @MorrisF!

Great question. On the second page of this thread, you'll notice some other merchants who were also prompted to verify their myshopify.com URL when using a custom domain.

Since it's not possible to edit DNS settings for myshopify.com URLs, it was recommended that merchants use the meta tag verification method, which requires you to add a code snippet from Facebook into your theme.liquid file. We have a help doc on how to verify your domain using this method here. 

Let me know how that goes!