Who deleted my product and when?

cjlim2022
Shopify Partner
9 0 1

Hello,

I noticed my product was deleted, I don't need to retrieved it but I need to  trace who and when it was deleted.

Thanks

Replies 2 (2)

Ugurcan
Shopify Expert
337 6 34

@cjlim2022 You can the logs of your store. Logs can be found at https://admin.shopify.com/store/yourusername/activity

Pasilobus, Inc - Shopify Experts -- www.pasilobus.com - Fast, efficient apps that do not slow down your store, Stellar support & Premier Services

StoreWatchers
Trailblazer
205 30 36

Hi, @cjlim2022 

Greetings from the Store Watchers Support Team! Happy to help you today.

To trace who and when your product was deleted from your Shopify store, you can follow these steps:

1. Go to your Shopify admin dashboard.
2. Click on "Settings" in the lower-left corner.
3. From the dropdown menu, select "Plan and permissions."
4. Scroll down to the "Staff accounts" section and click on it.
5. Here, you will see a list of all staff accounts who have access to your store.
6. Review the list to identify the staff members who had permission to delete products.
7. From this list, you can narrow down the potential individuals who may have deleted your product.
8. Additionally, you can click on each staff account to view their activity history in the "Activities" tab.
9. The activities tab will provide a detailed log of actions performed by that staff member, including product deletions.
10. Check the activity logs for the specific date and time range when you suspect the product was deleted.

By following these steps, you should be able to trace who had the authority to delete the product and identify the staff member responsible based on their activity history.

Let me know If need further assistance

Regards,

Store Watchers Support Team

StoreWatchers - Automate testing for your Shopify store in seconds

If you find my reply helpful, please hit Like and Mark as Solution
Visit us: App Store | Website | FAQs