Why is my Dawn theme template editor malfunctioning?

claire_borchard
Tourist
4 0 1

I'm not sure if this is a technical or design aspect so my apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place!

I'm using the Dawn Theme - I'm trying to customize my pages but I try to pull up my page templates (or collection, etc) and it says "something went wrong, please try again". Is there a hiccup in Shopify right now?

Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 12.48.28 PM.png

Replies 11 (11)

From-Us
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having the same problem. Tried updating the browser and the computer. Tried installing a brand new version of a shopify theme and same issue. I have done a speed test and my computer's moving like the wind... but still it doesnt load. 

Hope Shopify will fix it asap1

LFGabel
Excursionist
16 0 4

I am also experiencing this problem, Dawn theme as well.

Frustrating as hell.

LFGabel
Excursionist
16 0 4

Update: Closed my Shopify tabs, cleared all cookies and cache. Restarted Chrome. Problem is still there.

I tried logging in using a private browsing window. Same issue.

I tried it in Microsoft Edge, which I never use. Same issue. This is clearly a Shopify problem.

LFGabel
Excursionist
16 0 4

The issue appears to have been resolved for me. Anyone else?

SolsticeWaves
Tourist
3 0 2

It is working fine for me now.

claire_borchard
Tourist
4 0 1

yep me too! Definitely was a glitch in the system but happy all is well now!

SolsticeWaves
Tourist
3 0 2

I am currently experiencing the same problem. I am also using Dawn.

Saman3
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi,

I currently have the same problem that I’m trying to install a theme for my website.

although it says it’s installed. It would show, therefore I can’t continue to customize it.

I have tried on multiple devices and browsers, clearing caches. But it still doesn’t work.

can someone please provide some help in this!?

LFGabel
Excursionist
16 0 4

You've already cleared your cache, try closing the tab as well and starting a fresh one.

You can also try in a different browser. Then you may be able to determine whether the problem resides on your computer or with Shopify.

Saman3
Visitor
3 0 0
All of the above I tried and I’m still not able to get the Dawn theme upload to my web store, even though it says that is does. It doesn’t show.
LFGabel
Excursionist
16 0 4

Get support involved, either by email or chat. I have found that they are quite helpful. Part of why you pay for a Shopify site is to get support when you need it, and this sounds like a Shopify problem.