Why is my old store name still showing after changing it on Shopify?

runnerkid11
Visitor
1 0 0

I have 2 store names. I had an old store name (melodic green tea) I recently changed the whole store with a new name on the same Shopify account. I When I change my store name in the settings it will change my store name to the new name.  But for some reason the original store name is there and the new name is next to it. (I'll attach an image below) So I'm not sure how to fix this.  

Please help. I want to get rid of the melodic green tea part 

Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 11.49.06 AM.png

Replies 3 (3)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2805 274 490

Greetings, @runnerkid11.

Thank you for reaching out and posting this question!

It looks like you're referring to the title that appears in the tab of your browser, which is the meta title of your store and is located in the online store preferences. To change that, simply navigate to "Online store > Preferences > Title and meta description" and you can change the title there. 

23-41-93664-73269

I noticed that you are a new member of our Shopify Community! Once you've resolved the issue and updated your store title, I'd love to hear more about your experience so far and share some resources to help you get started!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

OXR
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same error and just changing the title keeps the second one there, it won't dissappear.

Elias
Shopify Staff
2805 274 490

Hey, @OXR.

Thanks for joining the thread and bringing this to our attention.

We're unable to replicate this problem, and we didn't receive any other reports of the meta title and/or descriptions not being saved. Just to confirm, are you still experiencing this issue? If so, then does the issue persist when using a different supported browser?

If the problem continues to persists, then it looks like we'll need to access your account in order to resolve the problem. While we're unable to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community, we'd be happy to continue assisting you through live chats. Simply visit the Shopify Help Center and login to your account to create a support request. 

That being said, I noticed that you're a new member of our Shopify Community as well and I'd love to hear more about your business once you're able to resolve the issue with saving the meta title and descriptions. What types of products are you selling? Do you have a marketing plan prepared for your store?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog