Why is my website alexandarnold.com marked as malicious?

alex_arnold_art
Visitor
1 0 0

Customers have notified me that they receive an error message when visiting my website such as the image below. This seems to affect some but not all devices visiting my page. I have not changed any settings in my domain name or website at all recently. I do not have any malicious code/pages in my website. How do I correct this? Shopify Help is incredibly unhelpful in this regard. 

My website is alexandarnold.com  

Website error message.jpeg

Reply 1 (1)

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1688 109 219

Hi, @alex_arnold_art.

I'm sorry to hear that we haven't yet been able to help you resolve this issue.

This error message usually pops up when a domain's SSL certificate hasn't propogated yet. However, I don't think that's the case for your domain since I'm not getting this error on Google Chrome (desktop) or Safari (iOS). On my end, the issue does not appear to be with your domain settings.

How long have you had your domain for, and when was the last report of this error message? Are you seeing the error message on your end, or has this only been from customer reports so far? 

The screenshot you've shared here looks like it was Safari on iOS.  To resolve the issue, customers can try clearing their web browsing data and cache, as well as restarting their device. This third-party article addresses some other potential reasons and troubleshooting steps to follow for this error message: 9 Fixes for ‘This Connection Is Not Private’ in Safari on iPhone and iPad.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog