www site is connected but non www site isn't

siobhanh
Visitor
1 0 0

I have just connected my domain to Shopify by adding the DNS records. It seems to have worked for my www site but for my site without www, it still says SSL pending and twice now I have gone to check on it and it has disconnected to I have to verify the connection again. Any idea why this is? I want the non www to just redirect to the www site but this doesn't seem to be working even with the redirect enabled, I'm assuming because the site isn't connected.

Replies 2 (2)

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

Hi, @siobhanh!

The domain's SSL certificate shouldn't take more than 48 hours to connect. If you're positive that the DNS records are correct (following the steps to connect a third-party domain to Shopify) and the domain still hasn't connected, please get in touch with our team via live chat, email, or callback in the Shopify Help Center so we can take a look with you. 

URL redirects are intended to be used for broken links. For example, redirects come in handy if you delete a product and want to use the old product's URL to bring customers to a new product or collection page. For your subdomain (www) and root domain (without the www), our team can help you ensure that they're both connected and that they both lead customers to your Shopify store.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

SebastianK1
Visitor
2 0 0

I have this same problem.  On my case now 72h. On my old shop was domain wildcard and work on www and without. Now I move to Shopify , and it’s works only on www 😠