Selling branded products

Solved
desgni
1 0 0

Hi everyone!

I am in the planning phase of a new dropshipping store, and have a few questions regarding selling branded products.

I have understood that I cannot just find and resell branded products, mostly you would need a certificate to sell, right?

But how is it when re-selling products through Oberlo, which is connected to AliExpress, from the brand's official store. Several brands have official stores in AliExpress, such as Ugreen, DJI etc. What are the legal practices regarding dropshipping from these stores? 

0 Likes
PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
2906 168 537

This is an accepted solution.

Those platforms may specify the terms in their TOS or other docs.

To protect your business longterm in any situation with third parties and middlemen you need to contact those brands directly to clarify their terms.

Do not rely on forums posts for second hand legal matters, EVER.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Hi @desgni 

Selling branded products may get issues when promoting. So better contact the direct legal guys. 

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes
PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
2906 168 537

Just to clarify for future readers the forums are good figuring other aspects of selling-branded-products aside from the sphere of legal risks such as:

• social - interactions, communication, outreach, networking etc
  • design - incorporating third party brands into your businesses brand contexts
  • organization - how to restrict products to certain channels, watermarking assets, giving brand ambassadors access, etc
  • business - understand  why some brands business models operate the way they do, finance, negotiating license fees, etc 
  • legal - casual non legal advice chit-chat about things that affect selling brands lawwise, copyright enforcement, global laws(berne convention), DMCA services|automation,etc

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes