Error in API inventory_levels

AI-generated summary

A user encountered an error when attempting to update inventory for a specific variant using the inventory_level API. The error message indicated: “inventory_item_id: Required parameter missing or invalid.”

Initial troubleshooting:

  • User researched similar issues and found suggestions to include content-type headers for JSON requests
  • Screenshots were shared showing the Postman request configuration

Resolution:

  • The user self-resolved the issue by identifying they were sending parameters incorrectly
  • A corrected screenshot was provided showing the proper parameter format
  • No further assistance was needed

The discussion is now closed with the issue resolved through correcting the request parameter structure.

Hi everyone!

I am trying to use inventory_level API to update inventory of an specific variant however I keep getting this error

“errors”: {
“inventory_item_id”: “Required parameter missing or invalid”
}

I saw in other posts that solution was to include the content-type header to send application/json, which I am already doing.

Has anyone have this problem before?

This is my postman request

Thanks!!!

NVM I noticed I was sending parameters in a wrong way, this is the correct one