NZ Shipping - Basic Plan

PLEASE HELP - NZ Shipping Rates

Wondering if anyone out there can help me how they’re loading shipping costs on the basic plan for NZ. I am just starting my business and cannot afford to upgrade plans…how are you loading zones for shipping please - I’m on the basic plan until I know I’m making enough to be able to upgrade!
Is anyone out there able to help? Is there any way to set up fees based on cities?

The site is costing me money and the only thing holding me back is not losing margin on shipping because I can’t work out how to set up rules for the zones we have?

I am linked with GoSweetSpot but I can’t integrate it because I have the Basic Shopify plan…this seems to be the case with all suppliers & Im desperate to get my site live

Thanks

It really depends how you want to price it, regions, size, weight etc. Or like a $x flat rate NZ wide except Waiheke or something.

I’ve put an example below how I’ve done it in the past. Works reasonably well.

You can do it based on postcode with a $5/mo shipping rules app

This is different to API calculated rates and does it through checkout ‘functions’

Or, another alternative.

I have heard that you can get calculated rates feature enabled by request to support IF you are on a 1 year billing cycle with Shopify.

Also - worth joining up on the Shopify NZ Facebook group if you haven’t already. Good for local questions like this. https://www.facebook.com/groups/384694858386905

Thanks Kieran, I’ve got a few solutions from the FB group. But the CCS is available on the yearly Shopify plan but at this stage I just can’t afford it given I’m only just starting out!

but so apparently the response

Did you manage to resolve this? I’m also on the Basic plan and can’t seem to find a solution that works without Shopify’s Carrier-Calculated Shipping (CCS). This limitation is really challenging for small businesses like mine that are trying to grow. Has anyone found an effective workaround or a (low cost/pay as you go) third-party app that integrates well with the Basic plan for accurate rural shipping calculations?

Jo