Buy button identification

AI-generated summary

Identifying which embedded Buy Button generated an order is the main issue. The specific use case is tracking whether an order came from one blogger’s embedded collection versus another external site using similar Buy Button scripts.

The practical recommendation given is to check the referring_site field in the order JSON or access it through the API. This refers to the website that sent the customer to the checkout/order flow and is the suggested way to distinguish traffic sources.

A follow-up question asks whether this information is available directly in the admin interface, analytics, or standard reports. No confirmation or solution is provided for that part, so the discussion remains open on whether built-in reporting can show the same data without using JSON/API access.

Outcome: API/order JSON appears to be the available method mentioned; native admin/report visibility is left unanswered.

Can anyone shed some light on how best to identify the source of an order thru the buy button scripts?

By way of an example, if I provide a buy button to a blogger, and they insert a collection into their blog. How can I tell if an order came from their buy button vs someone else’s?

Hi @jonmjones

I would suggest looking at the referring_site in the order .json or through the API

Thanks, can I assume there’s no place in the admin, analytics or reports to view this info?