Dynamic Variant Metafield

AI-generated summary

Issue: Variant-specific metafields on a Shopify product page are not updating when switching variants, despite following a tutorial. The OP shared a product link and screenshots; correct behavior should dynamically change content (e.g., description) per selected variant.

Investigation: A helper reproduced the tutorial on their own store and confirmed it works. They provided a working demo link to show dynamic variant metafields functioning as intended.

Clarification: The OP is using a “variant-specific product description” tutorial and still experiences no change on variant switch. Additional screenshots were provided.

Requested checks/action items:

  • Share screenshots of the Variant metafield definitions (Admin > Settings > Custom data > Variants).
  • Share theme customization settings related to the dynamic metafield section.
  • Confirm the variant metafield values are populated on each variant of the affected product.
  • Optionally grant store access for deeper troubleshooting.

Notes: Links and images are central for reproducing and verifying the issue. No code snippets were posted in-thread.

Status: Ongoing with no confirmed fix yet; awaiting the requested screenshots and/or access to diagnose why the metafields aren’t updating on the OP’s store.

Hey there,

Could you please assist me in troubleshooting an issue with the Dynamic Variant Metafield? It doesn’t seem to be functioning as expected.

Here’s the link to the product page: https://060ef5-5.myshopify.com/products/cupcake-catastrophe-ready-to-read-graphics-level-1-chi-chi-and-pey-pey-copy?variant=45989309841625

Additionally, I’ve been referring to this tutorial for guidance.

https://theprompted.co/blogs/tutorials/use-your-products-as-variants-free-tutorial

Thank you for your time

Hi @Christopher_18 ,

I checked in the document that you provided above. I tried to apply on my store. I saw it is working.

Which would you like to do? I will help to check it. Do you mind If you let me access your store to check it?

@EBOOST Please check this code https://theprompted.co/blogs/tutorials/variant-specific-product-description-free-tutorial

Variant Metafield doesn’t change info when switching between variants.

Here’s the link to the product page: https://060ef5-5.myshopify.com/products/cupcake-catastrophe-ready-to-read-graphics-level-1-chi-chi-a…

Hi ,

I tried to apply code. It’s working well now.

You can check this one https://ecstyletheme.myshopify.com/products/blue-silk-tuxedo?variant=44881613160586?_ab=0&_fd=0&_sc=1&preview_theme_id=136820424842

Could you provide screenshot likes screenshot below?

  • Variant metafields

  • customize setting

  • check whether you added metafield for variant in product?