Facebook Pixel

AI-generated summary

Issue: Facebook Pixel events are firing repeatedly when switching product variants, as flagged by the Facebook Pixel Helper.

Details:

  • Pixel Helper (browser tool that detects Facebook Pixel activity) shows repeated activations on variant changes.
  • The store owner deleted the Pixel code from theme.liquid and searched all theme files for both the base code and the Pixel ID, but found nothing.
  • Despite code removal, Pixel Helper still detects the pixel on the site and shows events being sent.
  • A screenshot is referenced as evidence of the repeated firing warning.

Requests/Questions:

  • How the pixel is still present after removing theme code.
  • Guidance on preventing duplicate firings when variants change and locating the true injection source.

Status:

  • No resolution yet; awaiting guidance. Open question on whether the pixel is injected outside theme files (e.g., via integrations or sales channels).

Hello there.

I have some problems with my Facebook Pixel. So basically I have a pixel that activates again and again whenever I change the variants of a product ( at least that’s the warning I am getting from pixel helper - see the screenshot bellow).

Moreover, I have manually deleted the Facebook Pixel Code from theme.liquid and after I did that the Pixel Helper still works, finds my pixel on my website and also sends events. After seeing that, I went into “edit code” in all the files and manually searched for my Facebook Pixel base CODE and the facebook pixel ID ( thought it might help), and I didn’t find absolutly anything, but the pixel still works on my website- HOW???.

Any guidance on how to aproach this?