How can I filter orders by product tag on an ecommerce platform?

AI-generated summary

Main issue: Filtering orders by “tagged with” doesn’t return orders containing products with that tag because the filter targets order tags, not product tags.

Key clarification:

  • Order tags are labels applied to orders; product tags are labels on products. The Orders filter only reads order tags.

Recommended approaches:

  • Use the Orders search box and type the product name to surface orders that include it.
  • For precise filtering by product or collection attributes, add order tags based on line items (manually or via automation). An app like Order Automator can auto-tag orders/customers using conditions such as products or address, enabling subsequent filtering by those order tags.

Outcome/status:

  • No native “filter by product/collection tag” for orders. Workarounds are search or implement order tagging. No final confirmation from the original poster; guidance provided, discussion effectively open.

For a shopify client - looking at ‘all’ orders. I want to filter by product tag. I click filter, then ‘tagged with’ - and then for the value I add a tag that I have on particular products.
Shouldn’t that filter all orders that have that particular product? It does not.
Any suggestions on how I look at all orders that have a particular collection…or have a particular tag on the product?

Thanks!

That filter you’re using will filter by “order tag”, not “product tag”.

You could try just typing the name of the product in the filter orders search box, that will usually include those.

For more detailed filtering, you can tag orders with specific tags according to the products in the order. If you have a lot of orders and don’t want to manually tag orders, you can use Order Automator, it can tag orders / customers based on any condition of the order (products, address, etc).

I would try just searching in the filter orders box (instead of filtering by order tags) first though, you might not need an app.