Remove " ``` " extra code from the footer

AI-generated summary

An extra literal code block marker, ``` , is appearing at the bottom of the Shopify store footer in the Stiletto theme. The issue was reported with a preview link and screenshot showing the unwanted characters in the footer.

Key guidance given:

  • Check theme.liquid and footer.liquid, since the stray text is likely hardcoded there.
  • One reply identified that the characters are visible in the page HTML, suggesting the first place to inspect is the bottom of layouts/theme.liquid.
  • Use Shopify’s theme code editor global search to search for ``` directly instead of manually checking files.

Images were important to the discussion: one showed the visible footer problem, and another showed the HTML/code area where the stray text likely exists.

No final fix was confirmed in the thread. The discussion remains open, but the likely resolution path is to locate the stray characters in the theme files and remove them.

Hey!

I have this extra code ``` in the bottom of my footer, and I’ve been trying to remove it, I just can’t find where does it come from

Screenshot 2026-03-31 at 13.04.08

My theme is Stiletto, my website is https://gpke6p1ip2i75p6z-60150284501.shopifypreview.com and the password is y22

I would appreciate some help!

You can open theme.liquid or footer.liquid files to find that code and remove it.

That’s how it looks in your HTML file:

The first location to check is at the bottom of the layouts/theme.liquid

Also, theme code editor has a Global search function, so you can use this one, no need to guess: